"72 Killed, 200 Injured In Boston In Attempt To Confiscate Banned Assault Weapons"-
National guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.
Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order. The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.
One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.” Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans. During a tense standoff in Lexington ‘s town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.
Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units.
Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.
Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.
… And this, people, is how the American Revolution began .
April 20, 1775
Let us not forget!!!
- wethpeople1776 likes this
- wethpeople1776 reblogged this from thearmednovelist
- birdsellcrystal likes this
- willowtreebushcar likes this
- gunsandfuns likes this
- roktehfox likes this
- robert-downey-syndrome reblogged this from the-rogue-archivist
- the-rogue-archivist reblogged this from dirty-gunz
- blackstripeswhitekeys likes this
- alastking reblogged this from danceswithkrinks
- iridescentmemories likes this
- mars-arma likes this
- the-aspiring-maverick reblogged this from cerebralzero
- dgafdave reblogged this from somedayimgonna
- rbrtclrk reblogged this from weaponsgradegains
- runnin-93-octane likes this
- danceswithkrinks likes this
- thatscoolman likes this
- nobodytossesadwarf likes this
- roomsforanightoralifetime reblogged this from theothergunslinger
- peteyddotcom likes this
- theothergunslinger reblogged this from operator-warning
- theothergunslinger likes this
- libertarianchariot likes this
- blackhawck50 likes this
- ascrod likes this
- 556operateitfaggit likes this
- nerfthosecurves likes this
- bekkathyst likes this
- thenotgoodwolf reblogged this from themoofster
- the-liberty-republican likes this
- youre-a-fucking-human-being reblogged this from militiamedic
- youre-a-fucking-human-being likes this
- lumberingjack reblogged this from penisbandits
- therealkillthetraitor likes this
- liliumion likes this
- mrrandysworld likes this
- nemophile likes this
- amcbreakingsad likes this
- constantodds reblogged this from militiamedic
- constantodds likes this
- sparkwood-and-twentyone likes this
- pusher00 likes this
- saving-livesprn likes this
- roadxzombie likes this
- abolish-me likes this
- operator-warning reblogged this from cerebralzero
- revenge-of-socrates reblogged this from kwamejaw
- kwamejaw reblogged this from clydammit